javascript get hostname of client

Get the client IP code: Method 2 (all platforms and browsers): Now if you made an Adobe Flash app or a custom Firefox extension, that is a different story. in page codebehind Public ClientMachineName As String = String.Empty ' make it public Dim host As System.Net.IPHostEntry In PAGE LOAD EVENT get the Machine Name host = System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry (Request.ServerVariables.Item ("REMOTE_HOST")) ClientMachineName = host In your Aspx page How to Shift Inline Elements When Text Bold on Hover using CSS ? How to calculate the number of days between two dates in JavaScript ? Then your authentication is not machine-specific. "computername" would only work on Windows, I think. No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resourcewhen trying to get data from a REST API. In the case of HTTP, there are two hosts: client and server. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. Friends who need it can refer to the following. By using our site, you javascript get hostname of clientschool superintendent appreciation day 2022. javascript get hostname of client. By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. Several Methods of Obtaining Client IP Using JS. Then I tried saving the hostname in the environment TEMP directory, which works, in Firefox + Linux + Java7, but not in Firefox + Windows + Java8: the applet just doesn't run, and, in addition, I haven't found a way to access the defined TEMP directory and read the file in JavaScript. Edit: note, if you can it would be better (less HTTP requests) and easier to just include the host name in a dynamically generated